‘March’ on your garden this Spring with our easy March Gardening Tips.
“Britain can look forward to a scorching spring, with forecasters predicting hot, dry and sunny conditions until May”
With this good news in mind it’s time to start getting your garden ready to ensure that you can fully enjoy it when the weather hots up.
What are our top March Gardening Tips that you should be doing this Month?
- Lift and divide clumps of perennials
- Dig compost into borders to improve water retention
- Clean and repair your garden tools
- Mow the lawn on dry days
- Open the greenhouse or conservatory doors and vents on warm days
- Plant some summer flowering bulbs
- Half hardy annuals such as ageratum, cosmea or gazania can be sown in the heated greenhouse or indoors
What ever you choose to do – do something to allow you to sit/relax and entertain in the surroundings that you enjoy.
For more inspiration from our resident garden expert, take a look at Nic Howard’s website here: www.we-love-plants.co.uk